We believe that Corporate Social Responsibility is our commitment to improve the quality of life of the local community and society as an on-going process by carrying out social upliftment activities as per the needs of society while conducting our business in an ethical way and contribute to the social good.
The three major Oil Companies of India who are promoters of this project viz. IOCL, BPCL and HPCL have been engaged in various activities to up-lift the conditions of the people living in neighborhood of their Refineries and other installations. RRPCL being a Joint Venture of these Oil companies is bound to continue with the existing such activities of these companies and at the same time shall leave no stone unturned for the cause of society upliftment.
Our focus would be on the all-round development of the communities around the Refinery premises which includes even distant rural areas and tribal belts. All projects would be planned in a participatory manner, in consultation with the community, sitting with them and gauging their basic needs.
Some of the prospective social upliftment and community development programs which can be initiated are as below –
- Medical Services – Free health checkups for the villagers which may be extended to the cattle and livestock, as the villagers are highly dependent on them for their livelihood
- Mobile Dispensaries – to go to the nearby villages to provide free medical care to the villagers
- Professional Nursing course – for young girls so as to provide job opportunities to in reputed Government and private hospitals. This project has already been done by one of Refinery in India and running successfully.
- Nursing homes and general and multi-specialty hospitals – to provide medical assistance to local residents and nearby villages on the similar lines as one 50-bed hospital made operational at Mathura by IOCL’s Refinery and modernized 200-bed hospital at Digboi by Digboi Refinery.
- HIV / AIDS, cancer, TB awareness and prevention camps
- Blood donation
- Skill Development - to provide vocational training on skills & competencies linked to industries like electrical repair & maintenance, masonry & bar bending (construction), welding, hospitality, fitter, retail, beauty & wellness, medical equipment operation, auto & two-wheeler service & maintenance etc.
- Industrial Training Centre – for conducting Industrial Trade Courses in various technical disciplines having specialization in jobs like Fitter, Electrician, Turner, Mechanic (Motor Vehicle, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning, etc).
- Preliminary coaching for Civil service exams in backward areas
- Digital literacy / Computer education for young students
- Academic Scholarship Schemes – for underprivileged poor and deserving students on merit-cum-means basis to pursue full-time courses in 10+/ITI, Engineering, Medical and MBA.
- Sports Scholarship Schemes - for promising young sports persons representing the State or playing at National level and providing Sports kits, travel assistance, lodging etc. to such players.
- Toilets - Construction of toilets in schools, Public areas under the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan.
- Sanitary pads - Distribution of sanitary pads and advising them on usage and disposal of used pads with a aim to improve the health and hygiene of adolescent girls and women in India by giving them access to health and hygiene amenities they would not have otherwise got.
- Women Hygiene drive – for adolescent girls and women to make them aware of health and hygiene practices by educating them and proper training.
- Providing clean drinking water and constructing water storage facilities
Many such programs are already being run by the existing Refineries in India which may be taken up by RRPCL in due course of time.